Gaza University Profile and Future Plans
Established in 2005
Aoun El Shawa Street , Tal El Hawa, Gaza City, Gaza Strip, Palestine. P.O. Box: 1113
GU President Name
Prof. Hassan Ali Abujarad
Dr. Ali Ahmed Mansour – Vice president for International Development & External Affairs
+972 (08) 2885731
+972 (08) 2885732
Gaza University (GU) is an independent national university, and part of a wider Palestinian university education system. It was established in Gaza City to be an academic beacon that provides educational services for scientific and professional development and enhancement of the Palestinian society. It specializes in higher education and scientific research, including studies in Computer Science and Information Technology, Administrative and Financial Sciences, Communication Sciences, Languages and Translation, Education, and Law.
On July 18, 2007, Gaza University initially earned recognition as a new higher education institution accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. On January 27, 2008, the University received the final recognition from the Ministry of Higher Education to become a new institution of higher education in the academic year of 2008/2009. Later, it proceeded with the accreditation of its faculties and announced programs.
The philosophy of the university is in accordance with that of higher education in Palestine and in line with modern systems in the world's top universities, promoting the interests and goals of educational, cultural, social and economic development of the Palestinian people through educating the Palestinians and enhancing their abilities and skills.
Gaza University follows the best Arabic and international academic models in university education, where science and applied research are appreciated and given major importance, and effective and active learning for the students is encouraged. Admission is offered to all qualified students on the basis of their academic records, abilities and interest in learning, that go in line with the philosophy of institution's vision, core values, mission and objectives.
Gaza University greatly appreciates the role of English in the modern world economy, so it is used intensively in its academic programs.
The University supports practical and independent education, so that each student obtains the skills necessary to excel and progress in his or her career.
The university aspires to progress and become one of the best universities in Palestine. Achieving this high endeavor will require that the university should have highly qualified faculties and staff, facilities of good quality and well- developed curricula.
The university works in a constructive environment where the students can achieve their academic goals and career plans. Such environment can help the faculties and staff achieve career goals through the university's philosophy, vision, core values, mission, objectives and annual plans.
The university programs adopt the academic credit - hour system. Also, independent learning for the students is a goal that the university is seeking to achieve through direct access to various sources of information, such as the traditional library, electronic library and information network. Students can use the information network to connect with their teachers and get any information they need.
Gaza University is an institution that considers education and learning as important tools. Faculties and staff are employed primarily on the basis of their ability to promote effective learning for students. The faculties and staff invest their interests and efforts to help students achieving their academic goals. Scientific research is of a high significance due to its practical value to the university and its academic programs.
According to modern methods, training plays an important role in the university's academic programs. The university provides training programs for the community the terms that commensurate with labor market needs and development requirements. It also aims to establish academic cooperative relationships with some of the most important European, Arabic and American universities, to exchange experiences, information and academics.
Gaza University strives to provide the community with distinguished graduates who are able to meet the needs of the community and contribute to the development, prosperity and welfare of the community. It provides teaching and learning mechanisms of high-quality, certified by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education, and carefully selected to fit into society's values, traditions and requirements. It encourages students to develop their own skills, and links them to what is happening in the orbit of their environment and beyond.
Gaza University is a leading university with various specializations, academic interests and research. It strives to become an outstanding educational beacon and an ideal national university; whose programs correspond to the international criteria in terms of quality of education and the application of scientific research. This will guarantee social, local and regional recognition. In addition, Gaza University is committed to meeting the criteria of the national and global academic accreditation. Within the context of this vision, Gaza University seeks to be a beacon that innovates and diffuses knowledge and supports the enhancement of vocational, professional and ethical skills for its students. It aims at providing academic services that serve the community, particularly at this challenging time. Creating tight links and bonds with other universities, colleges and the community, the University is committed to achieving its aspirations and meeting its challenges.
The period of university education is one of the most crucial stages of education in a human’s life as it complements what has been achieved in primary and secondary education. Throughout this period, one’s personality is refined, and skills are enhanced so as to be qualified to start a career. We intend to offer the best of current technology to our students, and to employ the best educational methods. Thus, the technical and academic teams in the University decided upon the following objectives:
- Enhancing the educational achievement of the students, and supporting their intellectual development, and providing them with an opportunity to gain experience within the system of academic education.
- Equipping the students with vocational skills for future careers according to the country needs.
- Diffusing knowledge by providing higher education opportunities and specialties in various fields of applied sciences, humanities, and arts, and in turn providing the country with specialists, technicians and experts indifferent branches of science.
- Developing knowledge by encouraging and conducting scientific research. Assisting concerned authorities in solving the problems of the society and its related development issues and working to transfer the scientific knowledge into Arabic.
- Enhancing students' personality and their behaviors and positively directing them to serve the community.
- Improving the continuing education and outreach in various applied fields to serve the society, as well as to solve and avoid possible problems.
- Preserving the features of the Arab and Islamic civilization and publishing its heritage, as well as maintaining the moral values of the Palestinian society.
- Strengthening relations with Arab and international scientific universities and institutions.
- GU provides higher education services to approximately 3000 students in 7 Bsc (4 years) faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Faculty of Communication and Languages
- Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Medical Sciences (Nursing Program).
- Postgraduate Programs:
- Public Relations and Media Program
- Public Administration Program
- Teaching Methods Program / English Language Track
C. Intermediate Studies Programs
The University also has 12 Diploma programs (2 years) which are:
- Managing and Automating offices.
- Financial and Banking sciences..
- Legal Secretariat.
- Medical Secretariat.
- Public Relations and Mass Media
- Primary Education.
- Software and Databases.
- Graphic Design.
- Pharmaceutical Assistant
- Engineering Assistant.
- Cinematography and Television.
In addition, the university has opened this year a one year diploma in 20 vocational and technical programs relevant to the needs in the labour market.
A total of 140 full time qualified staff members distributed in the GU faculties. Gaza University follows the best Academic models, effective and active learning for the students.
GU Facilities and Resources
Besides the different majors GU offers, students will have the opportunity to use modern facilities and resources to enhance competetivess of its graduates in the local and international labor market through:
- Acquiring the skills and expertise in all specialties through better curricula and better technologies, with a focus on practical and applied work.
- Receiving lectures through innovative approaches that reduce the use of memorization in teaching. Courses and seminars will be augmented, which will enrich the subject on one hand, and increase personal involvement on the other hand.
- Modern learning environment and open space for all students include advanced labs, library wih access to the international journals, and meeting and vedio conference halls.
- Studying their courses with the focus on using English in teaching and learning, and studying by using books, foreign and international references and specialized periodicals.
- Using computers. We will be ensuring that there is one computer for each student during the lectures and in the leisure time.
- Providing new methods of learning through using the best modern information technologies in education by the faculty.
Gaza University Major Implemented Projects and Activities, from 2014 till now
- Project Title: Boosting Innovation in Curricula Development of IT Programs in Palestine (BIT-PAL).
Funded by: Erasmus + (European Union)
Project Duration: 3 years (2018– 2021)
The project, known as BIT-PAL, has the objective of implementing a creative approach to education that promotes critical thinking among undergraduate students.
- Identifying the specific needs and priorities of the local IT sector by evaluating the skills required for employment and job-related requirements.
- Enhancing the capabilities of IT academic staff members so that they can create and implement new curricula developed within the project.
- Designing career-focused curricula for computer engineering, computer science, and vocational training in IT specializations, aligning them with the identified needs and priorities.
- Establishing a framework for a collaborative network involving academic, professional, and official entities to share technical competencies in IT teaching methodologies and technologies.
- Developing professional training resources to support lifelong learning in areas relevant to the IT sector.
- Boost innovation in Curricula Development of information Technology Programs in Palestine
- promote a strong and sustainable information and communication Technology sector in Palestine to help resolve the existing developmental challenges and lessen unemployment among Palestinian youth.
- Host a variety of capacity building initiatives covering soft skills and learning-to-learn strategies, researches and upgrading computer labs .
- Encourage individuals to start their own projects while provide them with the means to enhance the early staged of their businesses.
- Project Title: Enhancing the Quality of Multimedia Program to Get Engaged in Game Industry (EMPEG)
Funded by: World Bank/ Ministry of Higher Education
Project Duration: 3 years (2019– 2022)
Budget Allocation: $160,000
The primary goal of the project is to enhance the multimedia program at Gaza University by focusing on game development. The aim is to improve the employability of graduates and create new opportunities in the local and international markets.
The project's approach involves collaborating with experienced international firms to learn the science and methodology of game development. It includes building the capacity of the university's staff, developing a curriculum tailored to game development, installing appropriate equipment and tools, and providing training to students. The project leverages the expertise of international experts in this field to ensure the production of highly skilled graduates in game development who can successfully enter the market.
To Develop the Multimedia Program at Gaza University towards Game Development to enhance graduates employability and open a new market for them locally and internationally.
- Exploit the local academic & private sector partnership to jointly enhance graduates in the game development industry.
- Improve networking and collaboration between the local IT sector and the international IT sector
- Identify the technical skills and knowledge that graduates should have to succeed in the computer games industry
- Improve staff teaching and training capacity in computer games development.
- Update study plan to respond to games industry market needs.
- Boosting games development competencies in curricula content supported by textbooks and references
- Provide multimedia program with new facilities to address game development needs.
- Expand the multimedia graduates’ skills with new competencies to increase freelancing jobs opportunities
- Enhance the multimedia graduates’ entrepreneurial and managerial skills to qualify them better to be successful startups
- Build strategic partnerships with leading local, regional, and international counterparts, focusing on joint projects, learning resources development, and pilot implementations of innovative approaches for increased competitiveness. The developed partnerships fall into four levels:
- International Private Sector: to provide staff, students, and graduates with updated experience in the game development industry.
- International higher education institutions
- Local Private Sector: with ALTARIQ and Aura for integrated solutions to support the capacity building component for the academics and provide working space for graduates after the project, and conduct joint projects and training .
- Academic level: with PTC which is considered a leading faculty in the field of multimedia.
- Incubators: with PICTI to provide students support in preincubation phase during the project, and in the incubation phase after the project with the long-term partnership to implement the program for new graduates.
- Provide a successful model for linking the graduate to the market and enhances the university role in the process of employment and innovation.
- develop students' capacity by introducing new trends in games development and applying the updated curricula according to the labor market, which will enhance the employability of them after graduation
- develop the academic staff through a planned study tour to academic and professional institutions in Spain transfer knowledge and experience to the students at GU
- Improved the GU and PTC infrastructure and improve the learning environment and by installing an advanced games lab
- open of the first program in Game Development in Palestine.
- Project Title: MUSTADAMA CLEANTECH PROJECT
Funded by: UNIDO/ EU
Project Duration: 3 years (2020 – to present)
Techno Park, Birzeit University, Al- Quds University and Gaza University
“Promoting an Energy Sustainable Palestinian Industry – MOUSTADAMA” is a newly launched Programme by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Office of the European Union Representative (EUREP) in Jerusalem, in partnership with the Ministry of National Economy in Palestine (MoNE).
Given the unique context in Palestine where energy shortages and high costs have become a permanent reality for most SMEs, especially in the furniture, food, and metal among other sectors, this projects l focus both on:
- improving the energy management and energy conservation practices at the enterprise-level and
- increasing the electricity supply through renewable energy and combined heat and power applications. UNIDO is taking an “Energy Efficiency (EE) First” approach where EE interventions will be implemented first to reduce energy consumption before considering Renewable Energy (RE) options to meet the remaining supply gap.
The MOUSTADAMA project consists of four components:
Strengthen the policy and regulatory environment for RE/EE in the industrial sector:
The Program will support the operationalization and enforcement of the net metering scheme; facilitate the implementation of EE measures in the National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (NEEAP); and promote the development of policy guidelines for innovative RE supply solutions, including safety standards for biogas production.
Develop local capacity to design and implement RE/EE projects in the industrial sector, thus promoting green job creation in the energy sector:
The Program will train and/or certify over 400 RE/EE national experts, technicians, and industrial enterprise staff to further develop and support the local RE/EE industry in Palestine.
Create demand for clean energy technologies in the industrial sector, supporting the green economy agenda:
The Program will enable 75 demonstration projects to showcase the benefits of EE and RE solutions in industrial enterprises. These demonstration projects will be financed with SUNREF and other financing facilities. The Program will also enable five pilot projects of innovative business models to de-risk investments in decentralized energy solutions and mini-grids. The success of these EE/RE projects will catalyze market uptake of RE/EE solutions in the industrial sector.
Foster innovation and entrepreneurship in the clean technology sector:
The Program will support 90 entrepreneurs and start-ups in developing innovative, locally driven EE and RE solutions and provide seed funding to 9 winners of the annual business innovation competition. New products and innovations developed will become available in the local and global markets.
List of Activities and Deliverables:
- National Cleantech Awareness Workshops & Webinars
- Cleantech Hackathons by
- Mentorship Programs and Networks
- Conducting Cleantech acceleration programs
- Industrial linkages with entrepreneurs
Vocational Education and Training Center
The Vocational Education and Training Center was established 2020 by GU in order to prepare graduates and entrepreneurs to enter the labor force. The center targets 80 to 100 participants per year and provides to those training and capacity building activities taking into account the labor market needs.
Participants have the opportunity to obtain practical and technical skills in their field in addition to entrepreneurship. They receive interpersonal training and mentorship and are assisted by local and international experts that not only provide training but also ensure the sustainability of the business ideas.
In addition to the above projects, Gaza Univerisy has implemented several activities and initiatives that aim in general at empowering female students and civil society women groups to expand the scope of human rights protection for women and children and youth and to promote broad participation in building more effective human rights standards and procedures. GU also continued to implement its various programs and launched several new projects and campaigns. It has strengthened its position among women's organizations and other social and governmental institutions in Gaza Strip and become widely known to the public at large.
GU has conducted several introductory and intermediate level training courses in community and female empowerment, business awareness, how to start your business, and how to improve your business, soft skills, gender studies, women rights, early marriage, and violence against women …etc. Such trainings were provided as a result of conducting several focus groups sessions and researches to identify the priorities of these women in the fields of education, health, business, and professionalism. Although these training courses were very fruitful, they were undertaken on an ad hoc basis, as there were insufficient funds to sustain the interventions.
Some of achievements were :
- Early marriage and violence against women, GU has engaged in one year duration program, funded by the Palesinte Bank in 20014. The purpose of the program is to introduce a research design to identify the causes of early marriage and the violence against women, within the Gaza Strip, and to introduce a training design sessions to eliminate all sorts of violence against women in all means
- A series of workshops related to women issues such as, gender, self assertiveness and women rights have been conducted across the marginalized areas of the Gaza Strip.
- At least 300 individual women provided with psychsocial assistance and facilitated a support group for women victims of violence and war.
- Different brochures, stickers and posters were produced to promote the public dissemination of many environmental health messages and women rights issues.
Proposed Plans for Establishing the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University
Introduction to the Faculty of Medical Sciences (FMS)
The future plans for establishing the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University involve the development of a specialized academic institution focused on healthcare education and medical research. The aim is to create a dedicated faculty that will train and produce highly competent healthcare professionals, doctors and nurses, to meet the growing healthcare demands in the Gaza Strip mainly and in Palestine generally.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences will offer a comprehensive range of undergraduate programs, including degrees in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and other allied health disciplines. The curriculum will be carefully designed to provide our students with a strong foundation in both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, ensuring their readiness to address the evolving healthcare needs of the Palestinian and international community.
In addition to academic programs, the Faculty of Medical Sciences will prioritize research in various health-related fields in cooperation with regional and international institutions. This will involve establishing state-of-the-art research facilities and promoting a culture of research among faculty members and students. Through innovative research projects, the aim is to contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge, improve healthcare practices, and address pressing health issues in the local context. This would be the first of its kind in aligning research with teaching medicines at Palestinian universities.
Collaboration with local healthcare institutions, hospitals, and clinics is a key component of the GU’s plans for the Faculty. Partnerships and affiliations will be established to facilitate clinical training opportunities, internships, and practical experiences for students. This will allow them to apply their theoretical knowledge in real-world settings, gain hands-on experience, and develop the necessary skills to excel in their chosen healthcare professions.
Furthermore, FMS will focus on the continuous professional development of its faculty and staff. Opportunities for faculty to enhance their expertise through conferences, workshops, and research collaborations will be encouraged. This will ensure that the faculty remains up-to-date with the latest advancements in healthcare and can effectively guide and mentor students.
Overall, the establishment of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University demonstrates a commitment to addressing the healthcare needs of the region. It aims to produce competent healthcare professionals, conduct impactful research, and collaborate with local healthcare institutions to improve the overall quality of healthcare delivery and make a positive impact on the health and well-being of the community.
The establishment of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at GU is driven by several compelling reasons and rationales. These reasons highlight the critical need to address healthcare challenges, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and provide quality education and research in the field of Medical sciences. Some key rationales for establishing the Faculty of Medical Sciences include:
- Healthcare Demand in the Palestinian community: There is an increasing demand for qualified healthcare professionals locally to meet the evolving healthcare needs of the Palestinian peoples, mainly in the Gaza Strip. By establishing the Faculty of Medical Sciences, there is a strategic response to this demand by producing well-trained graduates who can contribute to the healthcare workforce and address healthcare gaps.
- Interdisciplinary Approach: The complexity of healthcare challenges necessitates an interdisciplinary approach. The Faculty of Medical Sciences provides a platform for collaboration among various healthcare disciplines, such as nursing, pharmacy, medicine, and biomedical sciences. This interdisciplinary collaboration fosters a comprehensive and holistic approach to healthcare education, research, and practice.
- Integration of Education and Research: The establishment of the Faculty of Medical Sciences promotes the integration of education and research. It provides a conducive environment for students and faculty to engage in research activities, explore innovative healthcare solutions, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the Medical sciences. The synergy between education and research enhances the quality of education and ensures evidence-based practices in healthcare.
- Improved Patient Care: The Faculty of Medical Sciences focuses on producing competent healthcare professionals who can provide quality patient care. By offering rigorous education and clinical training, the faculty aims to develop professionals with the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitudes to deliver safe and effective care to individuals and communities. This, in turn, contributes to improved patient outcomes and overall healthcare quality.
- Addressing Local Health Needs: The establishment of the Faculty of Medical Sciences is driven by the recognition of specific health needs within the Palestinian local community. It aims to address these needs by tailoring healthcare education, research, and community engagement initiatives to local health challenges. The faculty plays a vital role in improving healthcare access, addressing health disparities, and promoting health and well-being in the local community.
- Professional Development and Leadership: The Faculty of Medical Sciences provides opportunities for professional development and leadership in the healthcare field. By offering advanced degrees, continuing education programs, and research opportunities, the faculty fosters the growth of healthcare professionals, promotes lifelong learning, and prepares individuals for leadership roles in healthcare institutions, research organizations, and policy-making bodies.
- Collaboration with Stakeholders: The establishment of the Faculty of Medical Sciences facilitates collaboration with various stakeholders, including healthcare institutions, community organizations, government agencies, and professional associations. Such collaborations create synergies, leverage resources, and enhance the impact of education, research, and community engagement initiatives. The faculty becomes a hub for collaboration and partnership, strengthening the healthcare system and promoting positive health outcomes.
Overall, the establishment of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at GU is driven by the need to address healthcare demands, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, integrate education and research, improve patient care, address local health needs, foster professional development, and collaborate with stakeholders. These rationales align with the goal of producing competent healthcare professionals, advancing knowledge in the Medical sciences, and making a positive impact on the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
The vision of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University is to become a Palestinian leading institution in healthcare education, research, and community service within the Gaza Strip. The Faculty envisions a future where it plays a pivotal role in addressing the healthcare needs of the Palestinian and international community and contributes to the advancement of healthcare practices and knowledge, not only in Palestine, but also all over the world.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences aims to produce highly skilled and compassionate healthcare professionals who are equipped to provide quality care to the people of Gaza. It envisions graduates who possess a strong theoretical foundation, practical skills, and a deep understanding of the unique healthcare challenges and cultural context of the region.
The mission of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University is to provide high-quality education, conduct impactful research, and engage in community service to address the healthcare needs of the local community. The Faculty is committed to producing competent healthcare professionals who are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to deliver quality care and make a positive impact on the health and well-being of individuals and the Palestinian local community as a whole.
Overall, the mission of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University is to educate, research, and serve the community by producing competent healthcare professionals, conducting impactful research, and actively engaging in community service activities. The Faculty is driven by a commitment to excellence, ethical practice, and making a positive difference in the healthcare landscape of the local community.
The goals of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at GU are focused on achieving excellence in healthcare education, research, and community service. These goals encompass various aspects:
- Educational Excellence: The Faculty aims to provide a high-quality education that prepares students to excel in their healthcare careers. The goals include offering rigorous academic programs, adopting innovative teaching methods, and providing practical training opportunities. The Faculty strives to equip its students with the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to meet the evolving healthcare needs of the community.
- Research Advancement: The Faculty is dedicated to advancing healthcare knowledge through research. The goals include fostering a culture of research inquiry, promoting interdisciplinary collaborations, and encouraging faculty and students to engage in impactful research projects. The Faculty seeks to contribute to the development of evidence-based practices, innovative healthcare solutions, and policy recommendations that address local health challenges.
- Community Engagement: The Faculty aims to actively engage with the local community to address their healthcare needs. The goals include providing healthcare services, health promotion initiatives, and educational programs that directly benefit the community. The Faculty seeks to establish partnerships with local healthcare institutions, government organizations, and community stakeholders to effectively address health disparities and contribute to the well-being of the community.
- Professional Development: The Faculty is committed to the continuous professional development of its faculty, staff, and students. The goals include providing opportunities for faculty to enhance their teaching and research skills, promoting lifelong learning among staff members, and supporting students in their personal and professional growth. The Faculty aims to create an environment that nurtures excellence, innovation, and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: The Faculty seeks to establish collaborations and partnerships with local and international healthcare institutions, academic organizations, and industry stakeholders. The goals include leveraging shared expertise, resources, and networks to enhance the Faculty's educational programs, research capabilities, and community service initiatives. Collaboration and partnerships enable the Faculty to stay at the forefront of advancements in healthcare and foster mutually beneficial relationships with external stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: The Faculty is dedicated to continuous improvement in all aspects of its operations. The goals include regularly evaluating and updating the curriculum to reflect changing healthcare trends, incorporating feedback from students and stakeholders to enhance educational programs, and implementing best practices in teaching, research, and community service. The Faculty aims to be responsive to the evolving needs of the healthcare industry and the community it serves.
Overall, the goals of the Faculty of Medical Sciences revolve around educational excellence, research advancement, community engagement, professional development, collaboration, and continuous improvement. By striving to achieve these goals, the Faculty aims to make a positive and lasting impact on healthcare education, research outcomes, and the health and well-being of the community it serves.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences upholds a set of core values that guide its actions, decisions, and interactions within the academic community and beyond. These values serve as a foundation for creating a culture of excellence, integrity, and compassion in healthcare education, research, and community service. The values of the Faculty include:
- Health Wellbeing
- Dr. Waleed Muamer (liaison officer)
- Dr. Mohammed Al Kashif.
- Dr.Gaith Al Zaneen.
- Dr.Khalid Rostom.
- Dr.Reem Al Aloul.
- Dr. Issa Mosalam.
- Dr. Nael Seyam.
- Dr.Bahaa Al Atawna.
- Dr. Reham Mansour.
The Department of Medicine is a significant department within the Faculty of Medical Sciences, focusing on the education, training, and research in the field of medical science and patient care. The department's primary objective is to produce competent and compassionate medical professionals who can provide comprehensive healthcare services, engage in clinical research, and contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge. The vision of the department is to
- Lead transformation of Palestinian community to enjoy the highest quality of health possible.
- The development and advancement of medical research work in the health sector to get it at the international level. To that end, we cultivate excellence and collegiality within an inclusive community, so we attract and develop a diverse and talented academic workforce. We lead the revolution in human medicine by enhancing our intellectual and technological environment to foster exceptionally creative research and education to respond to the accelerated new challenges. We aim at anchoring this view to carry out the tasks and responsibilities to ensure the best heath care for patients. We are fully determined to maintain excellent clinical programs to provide outstanding health care to the society. So we strive for highest standards of Ethics, Integrity and Compassionate Care.
The Department of Medicine has several key goals:
- Medical Education: The department is committed to delivering high-quality medical education that prepares students for a successful medical career. It offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers fundamental medical sciences, clinical skills, and patient-centered care. The education provided emphasizes critical thinking, problem-solving abilities, ethical practices, and effective communication to ensure students acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in medical practice.
- Clinical Training: The department recognizes the importance of clinical training in developing competent physicians. It provides students with supervised practical experiences in various clinical settings, allowing them to apply their knowledge, develop clinical skills, and gain a deep understanding of patient care. The department aims to offer diverse clinical rotations that cover different medical specialties, ensuring students receive a well-rounded training experience.
- Research and Innovation: The department promotes research and innovation in the field of medicine. It encourages faculty and students to engage in clinical research, scientific inquiry, and evidence-based practice. The department aims to contribute to medical advancements, improve patient outcomes, and address healthcare challenges through innovative research projects and collaborations with other medical institutions.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: The department recognizes the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration in healthcare. It fosters collaboration among healthcare professionals from different specialties, promoting a team-based approach to patient care. The department encourages interdisciplinary education, research, and clinical practice to improve patient outcomes and enhance the overall quality of healthcare delivery.
- Continuous Professional Development: The department is committed to the continuous professional development of its faculty and staff. It encourages lifelong learning, participation in medical conferences, and engagement in continuing medical education programs. The department aims to provide faculty with opportunities to enhance their teaching skills, stay updated with medical advancements, and incorporate new knowledge into the curriculum to ensure the delivery of up-to-date medical education.
- Community Engagement: The department emphasizes community engagement and service. It encourages students and faculty to actively participate in community outreach programs, health promotion initiatives, and public health campaigns. The department aims to address the healthcare needs of the community, promote health education, and provide medical services to underserved populations. By engaging with the community, the department aims to improve healthcare access, promote disease prevention, and contribute to the overall well-being of the community.
- The Department of Medicine plays a crucial role in producing competent and compassionate physicians, advancing medical knowledge through research, and providing quality healthcare services to the community. Through its commitment to medical education, clinical training, research, interdisciplinary collaboration, continuous professional development, and community engagement, the department aims to make a significant impact on the medical profession and the health of individuals and communities it serves.
The Department of Nursing would be a vital component of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at Gaza University, focusing on the education, training, and professional development of nursing students. The department's primary objective is to prepare competent and compassionate nurses who can provide safe, evidence-based, and patient-centered care. The Department of Nursing aims to achieve several key goals:
- Quality Education: The department is committed to providing high-quality nursing education that meets national and international standards. It offers a comprehensive curriculum that combines theoretical knowledge with practical experiences. The education provided emphasizes critical thinking, clinical skills, ethical practices, and effective communication to ensure students are well-prepared for the complexities of nursing practice.
- Clinical Training: The department recognizes the importance of clinical training in developing competent nurses. It strives to establish partnerships with healthcare institutions and clinical settings to provide students with diverse and supervised practical experiences. These experiences enable students to apply their theoretical knowledge, develop clinical skills, and gain confidence in delivering safe and effective care to individuals, families, and communities.
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice: The department promotes the integration of research and evidence-based practice in nursing education. It encourages faculty and students to engage in research activities that contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge, improve patient outcomes, and address healthcare challenges. By fostering a culture of inquiry, the department aims to produce graduates who can critically evaluate and apply research findings to provide quality care.
- Professional Development: The department is dedicated to the professional development of nursing students and faculty. It encourages lifelong learning, continuing education, and participation in professional organizations and conferences. The department aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to adapt to the evolving healthcare landscape, embrace new technologies, and respond to emerging healthcare issues.
- Collaboration and Interdisciplinary Practice: The department recognizes the importance of collaboration and interdisciplinary practice in healthcare. It fosters collaboration among nursing students, faculty, and students from other healthcare disciplines. The department promotes an environment that values teamwork, communication, and respect for diverse perspectives, preparing students to work effectively in interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Community Engagement: The department encourages students and faculty to actively engage with the local community. It aims to develop a sense of social responsibility and cultural sensitivity among nursing students. The department promotes community service initiatives, health promotion activities, and partnerships with community organizations to address the healthcare needs of underserved populations and contribute to the overall well-being of the community.
The Department of Nursing plays a crucial role in producing competent and compassionate nurses who are well-prepared to provide quality care, advance nursing knowledge, and contribute to the improvement of healthcare outcomes. Through its commitment to education, research, professional development, collaboration, and community engagement, the department aims to make a significant impact on the nursing profession and the health of individuals and communities.
The Department of Pharmacy is an integral part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, focusing on the education, training, and development of future pharmacists. The department's primary objective is to prepare knowledgeable and skilled pharmacists who can contribute to the safe and effective use of medications and provide pharmaceutical care to patients. The department of Pharmacy aims to keep up with the scientific and professional advances and achieve excellence in Pharmacy education, pharmaceutical research, and community Service. The graduates of the department will have the following essential skills:
- Health and Pharmaceutical Care.
- Clinical Drug Therapy.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Marketing.
- Communication With other Pharmacists, Physicians, and Problem Solving.
- Modern Pharmacy Administration Education.
- Acquire the Essential Skills in Providing Drug and Poison Information.
- Practicing the Ethical and Legal Standards in Patient Care.
The Department of Pharmacy has several key goals:
- Quality Education: The department is dedicated to providing high-quality pharmacy education that meets national and international standards. It offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacotherapy, patient care, and pharmacy practice management. The education provided emphasizes critical thinking, ethical decision-making, communication skills, and professionalism to ensure students are well-prepared for the responsibilities of a pharmacist.
- Clinical Training: The department recognizes the significance of clinical training in developing competent pharmacists. It establishes collaborations with healthcare institutions and clinical settings to provide students with supervised practical experiences. These experiences enable students to apply their knowledge, develop patient counseling skills, understand medication management, and gain insights into interprofessional collaboration in healthcare teams.
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice: The department promotes research and evidence-based practice in pharmacy education. It encourages faculty and students to engage in research activities that contribute to the advancement of pharmaceutical sciences, patient care outcomes, and pharmacy practice. By fostering a research culture, the department aims to equip graduates with the skills to critically evaluate literature, apply evidence-based approaches, and contribute to the development of pharmaceutical knowledge.
- Professional Development: The department is committed to the professional development of pharmacy students and faculty. It encourages lifelong learning, continuing education, and involvement in professional organizations and conferences. The department provides opportunities for students to enhance their clinical and managerial skills, stay updated with emerging trends in pharmacy practice, and prepare for leadership roles in the profession.
- Collaboration and Interdisciplinary Practice: The department recognizes the importance of collaboration and interdisciplinary practice in healthcare. It promotes collaboration among pharmacy students, faculty, and other healthcare professionals. The department encourages interprofessional education and practice to enhance communication, teamwork, and patient-centered care. Students are encouraged to actively participate in healthcare teams, understand the roles of different healthcare professionals, and contribute to optimizing patient outcomes.
- Community Engagement: The department emphasizes community engagement and service. It encourages students and faculty to actively participate in community outreach programs, health promotion initiatives, and public health campaigns. The department aims to enhance awareness of medication safety, proper medication use, and the pharmacist's role in healthcare among the general public. By engaging with the community, the department strives to improve medication-related knowledge, promote rational drug use, and contribute to the overall health and well-being of the community.
The Department of Pharmacy plays a vital role in producing competent pharmacists who can contribute to the safe and effective use of medications, optimize patient care, and advance the pharmacy profession. Through its commitment to education, research, professional development, collaboration, and community engagement, the department aims to make a significant impact on healthcare outcomes and the health of individuals and communities.