Introduction to the Admission and Registration Department
The Admission and Registration Department is one of the most important departments in the university due to its direct relationship with students, instructors, and academic affairs. It is where the student's relationship with the university begins by applying for admission, and it continues through academic monitoring via the student's academic record and the application of academic regulations. It also concludes the student's relationship with the university by providing graduation documents upon completion of the program.
This relationship also emphasizes the connection between the instructors and the department in terms of monitoring and recording student grades in courses, ensuring the completion and fulfillment of their academic records, and ultimately graduation. The mentioned connections highlight the significance of the relationship between the Admission and Registration Department and the academic affairs at the university. The department provides the necessary information to the academic affairs regarding course offerings, implementation of the curriculum for each student, and statistics that enable the evaluation of the overall academic situation of individual students or the entire student body.
The Admission and Registration Department utilizes an advanced computerized system that covers all its activities with accuracy, transparency, and complete centralized control. It operates with a team of computer and management specialists to efficiently and effectively carry out its functions with utmost speed and integration. Each faculty has designated registrars and data entry personnel responsible for student affairs and providing the required services.
The Admission and Registration Department comprises the following units:
Registration Unit: Its main responsibilities include:
- Verifying the data of students who wish to join the university through the electronic admission application.
- Preparing two separate files for each student, one in paper form and another in a computerized format.
- Monitoring registration, course drop/add processes for each student in the computer system.
- Generating semester grade reports for students and providing them to the academic affairs and colleges.
- Providing students with services such as obtaining class schedules, registration certificates, and grade reports, as well as other services within the department’s scope.
- Monitoring decisions made regarding certain students.
- Tracking the academic status of each student from their enrollment until graduation.
- Providing the required statistics to various departments within the university.